The following instructions will help you transfer the EasyWorship database from one computer to another.
***Before starting this process , you will need a USB flash drive or external hard drive. (in the steps below, we will call this your backup drive.)
Transfer EasyWorship 2007/2009 database to another computer running EasyWorship 6
Backup the EasyWorship 2007 or 2009 database (old computer)
- Connect your backup drive*** to the computer.
- Open EasyWorship 2007/2009 on the old computer.
- Click on the Profiles menu, then Profile Manager.
Highlight the profile you wish to back up and click 'Edit the selected application profile' at the bottom.
- Click in the field under 'Use an existing application data instance', and use the right arrow key on your keyboard to move the cursor to the end of the field.
- Write down the path shown there including the name of the folder at the end of that path. (The typical location is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Softouch\EasyWorship\Default)
- Close the Profile Manager and close EasyWorship.
Open the Windows File Explorer (+E), or click on the Windows start button, then 'Computer'.
- Browse to the location in the path you wrote down in step 5.
The typical location is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Softouch\EasyWorship\Default
- Select all (Ctrl+A) folders in that window. (Should be Databases, Options, Resources)
- Right click on any of the selected folders. Choose 'Send to' from the pop-out menu and select the backup drive you connected in step 1.
- When the folders are all transferred, disconnect the drive from the computer.
Restore to EasyWorship 6 (new computer)
- Connect your backup drive*** to the computer. (This will be the same backup drive you used on the 'old computer' from the Backup steps above.)
- Close all other programs and windows before starting.
- Open the Windows File Explorer (+E), or click on the Windows start button, then 'Computer' and browse to your backup drive.
- Highlight all folders you backed up from 'old computer' (should be Databases,Options,Resources) then press Ctrl+C on your keyboard OR right click on any one and click Copy.
- In the Windows File Explorer, browse to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Softouch\EasyWorship\Default
- Rename all folders in that window by adding 'old' after the folder name (Resourcesold, v6.1old, Databasesold...)
- Click in a blank area in that same window and press Ctrl+V on your keyboard OR right click in a blank area and click Paste.
- When the folders are all transferred, open EasyWorship 6 and click the box to Import Data.
NOTE: If you don't have a secondary monitor connected to your computer, the Import Data window will open again after selecting your profile, click Create Empty. Now you will be able to see all of your data that has imported.