When opening EasyWorship the following error occurs. "This database is currently being updated by another process and cannot be open at this time."
This can be caused by a permissions issue with public documents folder.
In many cases this is due to file sharing being disabled and windows hasn't applied the appropriate permissions to the public documents folder.
Follow the steps below to correct this issue. (These options are only available on a home network. A corporate network will not provide these options.)
- Cancel the error message and close EasyWorship.
- Right click the network icon in the windows system tray next to your time.
- Click Open Network and Sharing Center
- You may find that your network is identified as a Public Network.
- If you are not on a public network change it to Home or Office using the instructions below.
- Click HomeGroup at the bottom left of the window.
- Click the What's a network location? link
- In the window that appears, select Home network or Work network.
- Click Close and OK.
- On the Network and Sharing Center window click Change advanced sharing settings on the left.
- Ine Home Work area change Public Folder sharing to Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files to the Public Folders.
- Click Save changes.
- This should resolve error if the database is stored in the standard location.