If you have recently begun to experience issues with .wmv file playback on EasyWorship, you may be using a special type of .wmv file that utilizes a video decoder called VC-1.
This VC-1 decoder is different from the standard WMV2 decoder found in standard .wmv files.
At present, we have found that installing the latest edition of the K-Lite codec pack will work around the issue.
If you would like to try installing K-Lite, you can find the download here.
After downloading K-Lite, follow these steps to install K-Lite:
1. Open the K-Lite file you just downloaded.
2. If you get a message that the app from an unknown publisher is trying to run, click Yes.
3. Select Normal mode on the Installation Mode screen and press Next.
4. On the Installation Preferences, there is no need to change anything, just press Next.
5. On the Hardware Acceleration page, check the box that says VC-1, and then click Next.
6. On the Preferred Languages screen, just click Next.
7. On the Audio Configuration page, just click Next.
8. If it asks to install additional software, click Decline.
9. Click Install on the Ready to Install screen.
10. On the Done! Page, click Finish.
11. Close the codecguide.com webpage that opens at the end of the install and minimize your browser.
12. Now re-open EasyWorship and try playing the WMV videos again.
If this does not fix your issue with WMV video playback, please contact our support desk.