EasyWorship Remote app does not show any servers
Modified on: Thu, 2 Aug, 2018 at 8:42 AM
In the EasyWorship Remote app, when tapping on Settings, and then Servers, if you do not see your computer listed in this Servers section, then it may be due to an issue with an Apple service called Bonjour which is needed in order for the Remote App to function properly.
Follow these steps to uninstall and re-install the Bonjour service:
1. Make sure EasyWorship 7 on your computer and the Remote app on your device is closed.
2. To see if you already have Bonjour installed, click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen, and in the search bar type Control Panel.
3. Click on Control Panel at the top of your search results.
4. Then click on Programs and Features, or it may just say Programs.
5. This will open a list of all your installed programs. Scroll down and see if you have Bonjour installed.
6. Right-click on Bonjour, and click Uninstall. Then close that window.
7. Here is the link to download the Bonjour service for Windows: Bonjour
8. After clicking this link, click on the Download button at the top to start the download.
9. Once it is downloaded, open that file and it will load up the Bonjour installation setup.
10. Click Next, then click I accept the terms in the license agreement, and click Next.
11. Click Next, and then uncheck the box that says Create Bonjour Printer Wizard desktop shortcut, and then click Install.
12. If a pop-up appears asking if you want to allow the app to make changes to your device, then click Yes.
13. Once it is done installing, click Finish.
14. Re-open EasyWorship 7 and make sure the Remote button is turned on and showing a green indicator.
15. Re-open the Remote app on your device and tap on Settings, and then tap on Servers.
16. Now your PC name should show up in the list.
17. Tap on your PC name, and then in EasyWorship 7, click the Remote button, and then click Pair.
Now you should be connected with the EasyWorship Remote app.