When opening EasyWorship the following error occurs. "This database is currently being updated by another process and cannot be open at this time."
This can be caused by a setting in Windows that is blocking EasyWorship from accessing the public documents folder. Specifically Windows has an option for protected folders.
Here is how to disable the Controlled Folder Access option in Windows:
1. Left-click the Windows logo Start button in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
2. Click in the search bar that appears and type in Virus.
3. You should get a search result at the top that says Virus & threat protection. Click on that.
4. Click on Virus & threat protection settings.
5. Scroll down and under Controlled Folder Access, click on Manage Controlled Folder Access.
6. Turn off the Controlled Folder Access.
This should now allow you to open EasyWorship without receiving the "This database is currently being updated another process" error.
If you are not using any other antivirus program, and only using Windows Defender, you can leave the Controlled folder access turned on, and instead allow EasyWorship through the Controlled folder access. Follow these steps:
Use the Windows Defender Security app to allow specific apps
Open the Windows Security by clicking the shield icon in the task bar or searching the start menu for Defender, then click on Windows Defender Settings.
Click the Virus & threat protection tile (or the shield icon on the left menu bar) and then click Ransomware protection.
Under the Controlled folder access section, click Allow an app through Controlled folder access
Click Add an allowed app and follow the prompts to add apps.
In the pop-up window, click on C:, and then Program Files (x86), then Softouch, and then EasyWorship 6 or EasyWorship 7 depending on which version you are using.
Add the following files: EasyWorship.exe, EasyWorshipHelper.exe, ezwHookpp.32.exe, and ezwHookpp.64.exe.
Now you should be able to open EasyWorship without receiving the error message.