JPEG error #53 when accessing media
Modified on: Mon, 6 May, 2019 at 11:02 AM
If you're receiving a JPEG error #53 when accessing any media within EasyWorship, it is possible that you have something other than an image in your images folder.
Follow these steps below to resolve the issue:
1. Open EasyWorship, and at the top, click on Profiles.
2. Click Profiles Manager.
3. In the center of the Profile Editor window, click the link next to Instance Location, where it has the name of your profile highlighted blue and underlined.
4. This will open a File Explorer window. Move this window off to the side, and close the Profile Editor window and then close EasyWorship.
5. In the File Explorer window, open the Resources folder, and then open the Images folder.
6. Take anything that is not an image (jpg, bmp, png, gif) out of that folder.
7. Go back to the Resources folder, and then open the Videos folder.
8. Take anything that is not a video (mp4, wmv, mov, mpg) out of that folder.
9. Close EasyWorship Helper by right clicking the blue play icon in the system tray next to the time and click exit.
10. Back in the File Explorer Window, go back and open the v6.1 folder.
11. Open the datacache folder.
12. Delete the temp and thumbnails folders. (They will rebuild when you reopen EW.)
13. Go back one folder and open the Options folder.
14. Open the .ewo folder. (You may have multiple. do this with all of them).
15. Delete the Thumbnails folder from within the .ewo folder.
16. Re-open EasyWorship and try accessing your media again.
If you are still receiving the error or have any other issues, please feel free to contact our Support team at +1 918-250-1493.
Our Support hours are Mon-Fri, 9:00 AM-6:00 PM CST.