After a recent Windows 10 update, many EasyWorship 2009 users are unable to open EasyWorship because of an Access Violation. This is due to Microsoft managing the default printer in windows.
EasyWorship 2009 and previous versions are no longer receiving updates, bug fixes or compatibility fixes for Operating Systems. Technical Support for EasyWorship 2009 will be limited to Windows XP - Windows 8.1.
Here are the steps you can take to resolve this issue.
- Right click on the Windows logo key in the bottom left corner of your screen and select Control Panel.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right click on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer (or any online and ready attached printer) and select Set As Default Printer.
- You should get a message saying "Setting this printer as default means Windows will stop managing your default printer." Click OK.
- Close Control Panel and open EasyWorship.
Staying Compatible with Windows 10:
If you're looking to stay compatible with Windows 10, you'll need to upgrade to EasyWorship 6. Otherwise, you will have to roll Windows back to a previous version that is supported by EasyWorship 2009.
We also have a video library that will help you get the most out of the new version: Watch EasyWorship Training Videos