DVD Clips (EW 6)
Modified on: Tue, 21 Jul, 2015 at 3:47 PM
In This Article:
- Intro to the DVD Feature
- DVD Clip Editor Overview
- Create a DVD Clip
- Using a DVD Clip in the Schedule
- Edit a DVD Clip
- Delete a DVD Clip
- Setting DVD Region
- DVDs Explained
Intro to the DVD Feature
EasyWorship lets you use your computer's DVD drive to show segments of a DVD during a presentation or service, e.g., a missions update, sermon illustration or service intro. Quickly select entire segments or chapters of a movie, or set custom In and Out points to show only a short clip. EasyWorship was not designed to copy or burn video files from a DVD. Instead, EasyWorship lets you create custom "markers" that tell EasyWorship exactly what to play from the DVD. That means the DVD has to be in the DVD drive for this feature to work.
To start exploring the DVD feature, click the Media tab in the Resource Area and then click on the DVD icon in the Media Library (see illustration below).There are three icons across the bottom of the DVD clip library.
- Add New (+) Icon: Click this icon to open the DVD Clip Editor window and create a new DVD clip.
- Action (Gear) Icon: Click this icon to add a new DVD clip, edit or delete a selected clip, customize the thumbnail view,customize the clip sort order, or refresh your clips.
- Thumbnail View Icon: Click this icon and use the slider to customize the thumbnail view in the DVD clip library.
DVD Clip Editor Overview
To access the DVD Clip Editor, right-click anywhere in the DVD clip library area and select Add New DVD Clip from the pop-out menu, or click the Add New (+) Icon. If a DVD is in the DVD drive when the DVD Clip Editor window pops up, EasyWorship will begin playing the DVD just like a normal DVD player. Using your mouse, click on the chapter menu in the preview window and navigate to the desired chapter or segment. The DVD Clip Editor gives you a number of options for selecting clip segments and adjusting clip volume.
For step-by-step instructions on creating a DVD clip using the DVD Clip Editor, see Create a DVD Clip.
- Play / Pause: The play/pause button starts and stops the video playback.
- Fast-Forward / Rewind: Single clicking skips forward or backward one chapter. Holding the FFW or RWD buttons down will fast forward or rewind the video.
- Menu: button allows you to access the DVD Title Menu, Root Menu, set subtitle options, Audio options angle and load the chapter menu.
- Continuous Play / Repeat: button allows you to loop the dvd clip you are viewing or let it stop at the end of the clip.
- Mute & Volume: button and volume slider only controls the audio while working with the DVD clip. The audio will not be muted on playback.
- Select Drive: Select the DVD drive that currently has a DVD disk in it. This is automatically selected if you only have one DVD drive.
- Title : Type the name of the DVD clip in this field.
- Thumbnail: Click the thumbnail box on the right to set the thumbnail. (This takes a snapshot of what is currently in the player window)
- Clip Properties: Start Position is the time at which the DVD clip will start. Use the up and down arrows to manually adjust the time. Mark In sets the start position of the DVD clip. Click this button as the DVD clips plays to set the start position. End Position is the time at which the DVD clip will end. Use the up and down arrows to manually adjust the time. Mark Out sets the end position. Click this button as the DVD clips plays to set the end position. Reset simply resets the Start and End Points.
- Mark Entire Segment: Selects the whole DVD, or in the case of an iWorship DVD, selects the start and end point of the song you are currently viewing.
- Aspect Ratio: Allows you to maintain the aspect ratio, stretch or zoom the video.
- Audio Properties: Allows you to change the volume of the DVD clip when you go live with it. The volume slider allows you to set the volume of the DVD clip for playback to the audience. Mute allows you to mute the audio on the DVD clip if you don’t wish to use the audio portion of the DVD.
- Title: Enter the name of the DVD clip in this field.
- Author: Enter the Author in this field.
- Copyright: Enter copyright info in this field.
- © Button: Pressing the copyright logo button adds the copyright logo to the copyright field.
- Description: This drop down allows you to enter a description for the DVD clip.
- Tags: This drop down allows you to enter tags for the clip.
Create a DVD Clip
- Insert a DVD into the DVD drive.
- Click on the Media Tab in the Resource Area.
- Click on the DVD Icon in the Media Library on the left.
- Right-click anywhere in the DVD clip library area and select Add New DVD Clip from the pop-out menu, or click the Add New (+) Icon at the bottom of the DVD clip library area.The DVD Clip Editor window will appear.
- Type a clip name in the Clip Name field.
- Using your mouse, click on the DVD chapter or title menu in the preview window and navigate to the desired chapter or segment.
- As the selected DVD clip plays, click the Mark In button to select the beginning of your clip.
- Click the Mark Out button to select the end of the clip.
- The Preview button will allow you to preview your edited clip in the window. Click the Edit button to resume editing.
- Scroll the clip to find the frame you wish to use for a thumbnail and click Set Thumbnail.Click OK.
- The clip and thumbnail will appear in the DVD clip database.
NOTES: To play an entire chapter or segment, click the "Mark Entire Segment" button. For Integrity iWorship DVDs, and others like it, you can click "Mark Entire Segment" when a worship track starts playing. EasyWorship will set the Mark In and Mark Out points at the beginning and end of the song for you.
WARNING: If the wrong region or no region is set for the DVD drive in your computer, you will be able to create clips, but will NOT be able to play them back after removing and reinserting the DVD into the drive. To learn how to set the region for your computer's DVD drive, see.Setting DVD Region below.
- Select a DVD clip in the DVD clip database.
- Drag-and-drop the clip into the Schedule.
- When it is time for the DVD clip to be played in the service, just click Go Live .
NOTES: To Go Live with a DVD clip directly from the database, double-click it. DVD clips can be transferred via the schedule to another computer, but the DVD has to be in the drive for the clip to play.
- Select a clip in the DVD clip database.
- Right-click the clip and select Edit.
- The DVD Clip Editor Window will appear, allowing you to make changes to the DVD clip.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
Delete a DVD Clip
- Select a clip in the DVD clip database.
- Right-click the clip and select Delete.
- Click yes on the prompt that appears to verify that you want to delete the clip.
Setting DVD Region
In order to create DVD clips in EasyWorship, the DVD region has to be set on the DVD player in the computer. Many DVD drives come from the factory with no region set. If the wrong region or no region is set, you will be able to create clips, but will not be able to play them back after removing and reinserting the DVD into the drive. Follow the instructions below to set the region on the DVD drive in the computer.
- Open Computer or My Computer or This PC.
- Right-click the DVD drive.
- Click Properties.
- A properties window will appear.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Select the DVD drive from the list.
- Click the Properties button at the bottom.
- The properties window for the DVD drive will appear.
- Click the Changes settings button at the bottom of the General tab.
- Click the DVD Region tab.
- Select the appropriate country.
- Click OK.
NOTE: The DVD region can only be changed a maximum of 5 times.
EasyWorship lets you use your computer's DVD drive to show segments of a DVD during a presentation or service, e.g., a missions update, sermon illustration or service intro. Quickly select entire segments or chapters of a movie, or set custom In and Out points to show only a short clip. This is different than capturing a DVD feed through a capture card. It's also different than copying or burning video files from a DVD. Instead, EasyWorship lets you create custom "markers" that tell EasyWorship exactly what to play from the DVD. That means the DVD has to be in the DVD drive for this feature to work.
The video content in a DVD is divided into titles and menus. Titles are further divided into units called parts of titles (PTTs). More often, these are called scenes, chapters or segments. These could be compared to using folders and sub folders in your directory tree structure of a computer. The viewer can navigate to specific titles or chapters within titles. Each individually separated video file on a DVD may be referred to as a segment.
The author of a DVD decides how to divide the content into titles and chapters. When a DVD contains a feature-length film, the entire film is often placed in one title or segment, and sometimes divided into chapters for the individual scenes. Extra features on the DVD, such as trailers or deleted scenes, are placed in separate titles or segments. However, these divisions are arbitrary, and many DVDs are organized differently.
The EasyWorship DVD editor can play the entire movie, predefined segments or you can select parts of the DVD called clips. On any DVD, you may set Mark In and Mark Out points to edit a clip. You may define a clip name for that edited clip. The DVD from which you wish to play a clip must remain in the DVD ROM drive. EasyWorship does not copy the DVD or segments, only a path to turn on that selected segment or clip. If you have multiple drives, EasyWorship will remember the drive from which you edited your specific clip. Multiple clips or segments may be chosen from your DVD.