In this article:
- What Is a Video Decoder?
- Install Quicktime for MP4 and MOV files
- Install DScaler for DVD Playback
- Install K-Lite Codec Pack for H.264, MP4, MOV, FLV & other formats
What Is a Video Decoder?
When you play a video, or sound file through EasyWorship, it has to know how to decode that file. A codec or decoder is a piece of software that tells EasyWorship how to decode the video or audio file. If you don't have the proper codec installed on your computer, EasyWorship won't be able to play your multimedia file. EasyWorship requires QuickTime player in order to play MP4, M4A, M4V and MOV files. See the instructions below for how to install QuickTime player. EasyWorship also requires the DScaler 126.96.36.199 decoder to play DVDs. Instructions for downloading and installing the DScaler decoder are also provided below.
Install QuickTime for MP4 and MOV files
- Click Here to download the Quicktime installer file.
- After downloading the QuickTime installer, open it.
- Click Next on the welcome page and Yes on the License Agreement page.
- Click Next, and Uncheck Install Desktop Shortcuts.
- Click Install.
- After the installation completes, restart your computer. EasyWorship is now able to play MP4, M4V, M4A and MOV files.
Install DScaler 188.8.131.52 for DVD Playback
- Close the EasyWorship program.
- Click here to access the DScaler download page at sourceforge.net.
- The download should start automatically. If not click the direct link option provided. Don't click any other links or buttons on this page.
- Allow the DScaler5008.exe file to download, then open it to start the install.
- If you get a message that the app from an unknown publisher is trying to run, click Yes.
- There are no special options to select during the install, use the default settings to complete the install by clicking Next on each window and Install on the Ready to Install window.
- Open EasyWorship 6, click on Edit then Options.
- Click Advanced and make sure you have checked the box next to use preferred DVD codecs and click OK.
Install K-Lite Codec Pack for H.264, MP4, MOV, & other formats
Close your EasyWorship program completely.
Click the following link to go to the download page. Click the most recent Download K-Lite Codec Pack 13.x.x BASIC link (DO NOT download full version). Click Here To Download
Some browsers may block this file and may not allow you to run it. Chrome users should press Ctrl+J to view downloads then click the option to recover malicious file. Other browsers should have a similar option.
Click the K-Lite installer file and follow the instructions listed below.
If you get a message that the app from an unknown publisher is trying to run, click Yes.
Select Normal mode on the Installation Mode screen and press Next.
On the Installation Preferences, there is no need to change anything, just press Next.
On the Hardware Acceleration page, click Next.
On the Preferred Languages screen, just click Next.
- On the Audio Configuration page, click Next.
If it asks to install additional software, click Decline.
Click Install on the Ready to Install screen.
On the Done! Page, click to Run Codec Tweak Tool and click Finish.
- Close the codecguide.com webpage that opens at the end of the install and minimize your browser.
- On the Codec Tweak Tool Window, click the Preferred Decoders button at the bottom left.
- Under 32-bit decoders Select LAV Video under the following headings H.264, XVID, DIVX, MP4V, DVSD, MJPEG, AAC & LATM AAC : (You do not need to change anything under 64-bit decoders)
- Click Apply and Close then click exit.
- The K-Lite codec pack is now installed and ready to use with EasyWorship.